Thorsten Quaeschning is a Berlin-based and classically trained musician and composer, has been a longtime member of Tangerine Dream since 2005, which makes him the second longest serving member in the band's history. In 2013, two years before Edgar Froese's death, he put him in charge as the Musical Director of the band.
Thorsten composed and played on more than 70 Tangerine Dream albums over those years including the successful studio album Quantum Gate on the basis of Edgar Froese’s musical sketches – released in 2017 and nominated for the Progressive Rock Award.
Furthermore Thorsten also performs with his solo project, Picture Palace music and is writing film music and has recorded cooperation albums with great musicians like Schiller, Steve Rothery (Marillion), Harald Grosskopf (Ashra), Franz Bargmann (Michael Rother's NEU!) and Greenman.
Hoshiko Yamane is a Japanese Berlin-based classically trained violinist and composer. She has been a member of Tangerine Dream since 2011.
After she graduated with the Master of Fine Arts in Japan, she moved to Berlin. She also graduated with a diploma in violin from the University of Music and Theater in Rostock, Germany. During her study she performed with the Brandenburgisches Staatsorchester.
Hoshiko already collaborated with many renown international artists like Jane Birkin i.e. In 2013 she started her first electronic solo project (Tukico) and in 2017 she released her first solo album A Story Of A Man.
Paul Frick was born in 1979 in Berlin. He took composition classes since the age of twelve with Il-Ryun Chung. Paul Frick joined Tangerine Dream in 2020.
From 2000 to 2008 he studied composition with Friedrich Goldmann at Universität der Künste Berlin. Together with Daniel Brandt and Jan Brauer he forms the group Brandt Brauer Frick. In August 2018 Paul Frick’s solo debut album Second Yard Botanicals appeared on Apollo/R&S Records.
Former Members / Guest Musicians
- Steve Jollife (1969, 1978)
- Klaus Schulze (1969 – 1970)
- Conrad Schnitzler (1969 – 1970)
- Christopher Franke (1970 – 1987)
- Steve Schroyder (1970 – 1971)
- Peter Baumann (1971 – 1977)
- Michael Hoening (1975)
- Klaus Krüger (1978 – 1979)
- Johannes Schmoelling (1979 – 1985)
- Paul Haslinger (1986 – 1990)
- Ralf Wadephul (1988)
- Jerome Froese (1990 – 2006)
- Linda Spa (1990 – 1996, 2005 – 2014)
- Zlatko Perica (1992 – 1997)
- Gerald Gradwohl (1994 – 2001)
- Mark Hornby (1994 – 2002)
- Iris Camaa (2001 – 2014)
- Chris Hausl (2006 – 2007, 2010)
- Bernhard Beibl (2006 – 2014)
- Ulrich Schnauss (2014 – 2020)